19/3/12

9 Tips to increace your adsense Earnings.

Let’s start with a question: What’s the single most important factor when it comes to making money with Google AdSense? It’s organic traffic (i.e. traffic from Google and other search engines).

The bottom line is that if you want to increase your AdSense earnings, one of the best things you can do is to increase your organic traffic. That’s easier said than done, I know, but it’s totally possible, and below I want to to share a strategy you can use for this.

In other words, if you want to receive traffic from the keyword “old pc games download” you must make sure that the page in your site that is supposed to rank well for that keyword has all the information, links and resources someone searching for that term could be looking for.

The long tail

The central idea of this strategy is to use the long tail to increase your organic traffic.If you are not familiar with the term, the long tail refers to the tail-shaped curve that is produced when you consider the distribution of certain things The longer the keyword the better (as long as it has at least 1000 monthly searches) because ranking for it will be easier.

Now your purpose is to create one page/blog post for each of the long tail keywords you found in the first step. You don’t need to do this all in the same day. Instead you could aim to publish a new one every week or so. Just make sure that the content on that page will be complete and top notch (i.e., don’t be afraid to spend some hours researching and composing it).

Here are some methods you can use to promote each of your pages/posts once you publish them:

Email the URL of your page to bloggers in your niche saying they might find it interesting. And I don’t mean five or six of them. I mean email it to 100 bloggers and website owners. If you can’t find 100 in websites your niche, you aren’t trying hard enough.

Guest post on other blogs and, instead of linking to your homepage on the byline, link to the page you are trying to promote. Again, I am not talking about one or two guest posts, but ten or 20 for each page you publish targeting a long tail keyword.

Leverage social networks like Twitter and Facebook to promote the page, and perhaps create a contest to encourage people to share the page with their friends.

Post about your page on online forums, Q and A sites, social bookmarking sites, you name it.

9 Tips to increace your adsense Earnings.

I want to share with you the tips and tricks I used to triple my AdSense earnings in one month. 1. I added units to my Big Websites Daily Blog Tips and Daily Writing Tips are my largest websites in terms of traffic. They are getting close to one million monthly page views (combined).

2. I added units to your Small Websites

As many webmasters do, I have a bunch of small websites scattered around the web. Don’t underestimate the earning potential of small websites, especially if you are willing to place AdSense units aggressively.

3. I used the Large Units

If you want to make money with AdSense you’ll inevitably need to use one of these units: the 336×280 large rectangle, the 300×250 rectangle, the 120×600 large skyscraper or the 728×90 leaderboard.

All four units mentioned above can produce good results, but the best performing one is by far the 336×280 large rectangle, and that is the one I used to boost my earnings.



4. I placed the Units above the Fold

The rule is: if you want to make money with Google AdSense, you must place your units above the fold.

5. Focus on Organic Traffic

The main concern with adding a large AdSense unit right below my post titles was that some of the loyal readers could get annoyed with it. the bulk of my money would come from organic visitors (i.e., people coming via search engines ). To solve this problem I decided to display the large rectangle only on posts older than seven days (using the Why Do Work WordPress plugin).

6. I started using AdSense for Search I was not sure how much money I would be able to make with AdSense for Search,

7. start using AdSense for Feeds

Another AdSense product I decided to try was the AdSense for Feeds one.

8. I f around with section targeting

I found that on niche and small websites section targeting can help a lot. Often times Google was displaying unrelated ads on these sites because there weren’t enough pages. After using section targeting I managed to increase the relevancy of the ads and consequently the CTRs.

9. I tested with Different Colors and Fonts

If you enabled both image and text ads on your units you should be able to customize the colors and fonts. Do some testing with both of these factors, and it helped to increase the numbers. Nothing dramatic, but it was definitely worth your time. You just need to track your CTR for a couple of weeks. Then change the color or font and track it for another week, seeing if you can beat the original CTR. If you can, keep the new format. If you the performance decreased, try a new color or font and track the CTR for another week, until you find the optimal combination. the best results came from making the ad units merge with the look of the site, but on some sites contrasting colors perform better, so testing is a must.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario